November 27, 2011

Reading Macbeth

1. I always want to capitalize the B in MacBeth...like MacDougal or McChicken or McGangbang.

2. The scene with the three murderers (Act III: Scene III) reminds me a lot of Fezzik, Vizzini, and Inigo...unfortunately, this isn't a tale of true love and high adventure, and it's completely lacking in fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, and miracles...

3. Lady Macbeth be crazy.

4. Act IV: Scene I was probably the easiest thing ever. Literally six pages of cauldron ingredients. I was like "Dude, I've read Harry Potter. I've got this."

5. I love when MacDuff's son cries out (after being stabbed) "Mother, he has killed me!" Um...you might have made that assessment a mite early, dear.

6. Reading this whole thing while listening to "Pilgrim's Hands" and "Queen Mab" from Bare! is confusing as anything. But totally fabulous. But really confusing. Ah well.

7. Sorry, Macbeth - I got 99 problems BUT A WITCH AIN'T ONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment