August 11, 2011

More Musings - How Apt

A few of my random thoughts from the past two days. Yes, I could write a legitimate post with a real topic and coherent line of humour, but I'll pass. It's almost eleven, and I'm tired. Get off.

My garage is ridiculous. We have a three-car garage, and this means that one of our cars must be sacrificed to the tiny spot that really doesn't even count for anything. As the driver of the smallest car, I'm the victim in this case. I swear, it feels like I'm exiting a birthing canal every time I pull out of my garage.



Pandora knows me too well. Although I haven't logged in in a few months, I spent a few hours listening to it while working on the Common App (cry, sob, sniffle, more sob). After I got bored of my old standby - the Jack's Mannequin channel I made and perfected last summer - I started a We are Scientists channel, just for kicks and giggles. I wasn't really paying attention to the music - it quickly turned into background noise as I fumbled through all of the paperless paperwork - though on occasion I would go through to click "thumbs up" or skip a song. However, when my work ethic started to wane, I began looking at the tab that explained the logic behind why that track was picked. I was a bit skeptical about the Music Genome Project's methods, but all of my hesitation was eliminated when I read this:

"Why this track? Based on what you've told us so far, we're playing this track because it features rock influences, use of vocal harmony, rhythmic syncopation, a mix of electric and acoustic instrumentation, and a dynamic male vocalist."
 
Yes, it legitimately said "dynamic male vocalist." Pandora knows me too well.




That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment