September 10, 2011

Awkward points

What to write about today?

I did nine hours of calculus today. NINE HOURS. Two separate study sessions. Can you even fathom how much calculus that is? At this point, I can't even think, much less function. (Oh Lord, there is no escaping the maths. THE MATHS WILL COME FOR YOU!)

You know what cracks me up? How girls are completely capable of having a full conversation without using words. I can be sitting across the table from a friend, and without actually saying a thing we will be able to exchange vital pieces of information and stay on the same page (or be "paging" as my grown-up friend taught me tonight - I still maintain that there is no way that is a real thing people say).

You know what cracks me up even more? How frustrated guys get when girls have these tacit conversations. It makes it all worth it.

You know what cracks me up the most? Watching a couple of math nerds (a phrase I use lovingly) attempt to recreate plane and vector intersection in three dimensional space using their hands, limbs, pencils, pizza, erasers, and plates. I tried to catch it on video, I really did.

Tomorrow is going to be a hard day. Lots of difficult conversations to have. Wish me luck. I will need it.

Okay, Dylan, you can go to sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment